See how to make this delicious Italian soup. Ribolita recipe – lean Tuscan soup.
Number of servings: 4-5
- 800 g of chopped tomatoes from a can
- 500 g canned white beans
- 1 large carrot
- 1 small onion
- 1 stalk of celery
- 2-3 kale leaves, stem
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 4 hours broth
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- some red pepper (optional)
- salt and pepper to taste
- slices of bread to serve
- parmesan cheese (optional) – not suitable if you want the soup to be lean
Method of preparation:
- Heat the olive oil and fry the onion, carrot and celery in it until soft.
- Add garlic and red pepper flakes. Cook for a minute, no more.
- Add the diced tomatoes, beans, stock and Parmesan (if using).
- When it boils, reduce the heat and cook for about 30 minutes. Taste the vegetables to make sure they are cooked to your liking. Some people prefer it fully polished, while others prefer it to have a little firmness retained.
- Season with salt and pepper, add the kale.
- If you want, you can add croutons to the soup before serving. You can also serve it with a slice of toast.
- A suitable addition to this soup is a variety of aromatic olive oil and Parmesan cheese.