Spicy Mexican Chili Con Carne Soup.
Number of servings: 4-5
- 700 g beef or minced meat
- 3-4 tablespoons of oil
- 1-2 onions
- 2-3 cloves of garlic
- 1 red pepper
- 1 green pepper
- 700 g can of tomatoes
- 1 cube of vegetable stock
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1 tablespoon of sugar
- 250 g canned red beans
- 250 g canned corn
- 1/2 lemon
- 1 tablespoon of oregano
Method of preparation:
1. Cut the meat into small cubes.
Fry in a pan with hot oil for 10-15 minutes, until the liquid evaporates.
2. Finely chop the onion and garlic cloves, and the chilli, in circles. When the meat is browned, add it to the pot along with the oregano.
Reduce the heat and let it fry.
3. Chop the tomatoes (you can also use fresh ones) and add them to the meat.
Pour 1 liter and 500 ml of vegetable broth, season with salt and sugar and cook for about 1 hour and 30 minutes.
4. Add beans and corn and season with lemon juice and oregano.
Cover and cook for another half hour.