Creamy soups are excellently prepared by restaurant chefs, but do not forget that you can easily replicate this culinary delight at home. The ingredients are usually quite simple, accessible to everyone. The recipe itself is not complicated at all.
These soups first appeared in European restaurants, traditionally served in small deep bowls with herbs. They look impressive, are incredibly tasty and have a particularly delicate texture. Creamy soups are good for children and healthy eaters. Mushroom variations are easy to make, but there are a few details you need to know.
– Choose mushrooms that are younger and not too big. Mushrooms are mostly used, and their texture is quite rough if the mushroom is large. And that will affect the result.
– For complete preparation, mushrooms do not need more than seven minutes, but large ones will need to be cooked three times longer.
– Puree the consistency slowly, otherwise there will be lumps.
– Frozen mushrooms are first completely thawed, the inside must be completely thawed, otherwise the structure of the soup will be disturbed.
– First, the dried mushrooms must be soaked in boiling water for half an hour.
– Add only chopped potatoes, you can also use flour to thicken.
– If the consistency is too thick, dilute it with milk or stock.
– The cream is always poured at the end, then when it starts to boil, you have to turn off the stove.
To prepare the soup:
mushrooms – ½ kg
boiled potato – 300 g
broth – 600 ml
onion – 2 pieces
flour – 45 g
oil – 45 g
cream – 240 ml
salt, pepper, vegetable oil, spices, croutons – optional.
Boil a stock or simply dissolve a stock cube, then chop the mushrooms and onions. Fry in oil until the liquid has completely evaporated. Pour one cup and the onion-mushroom mixture into the blender, mix well. In a saucepan, heat the butter, fry the flour, pour a glass of stock, stir, let it boil for 3-4 minutes. Return everything to the blender and puree.
Mix the mushroom mixture, sauce and remaining stock in the bowl. You don’t need to add potatoes, but they make the consistency smoother and make the soup more filling. If you decide to put potatoes, it is done at this stage. Then add salt and pepper, put on the stove, boil, remove from the stove, add the cream. Return to low heat, stir, bring to a boil and remove immediately.
Serve with croutons and chopped aromatic herbs, best placed separately.